Tax Forms and Information


Please call ahead to the Information Desk (641-754-5738 ext. 4) to make sure we have what you need. If something isn’t available, forms can be printed from the IRS and State of Iowa tax sites (printing/copying = 10 cents/page).

help with your taxes

The library is no longer a site for AARP tax help. There are tax help sites through VITA available in communities near us–find a list here.

Federal Tax Materials

Currently, the library has copies of the following forms available in the Brochure Area:

  • 1040 loose forms and booklets
  • 1099-MISCs
  • W2s and W3s
  • 1096s

The library does not carry every tax form or booklet provided by the IRS. However, there are many other options:

  • Federal tax forms may be printed from the IRS Web site. Forms for the new tax year tend to appear after the new year (for filing the following April).
  • More obscure forms may be printed for 10 cents per page.
  • The IRS Web site also has previous years’ tax forms to download and print.

Iowa State Tax Materials

Note: The State no longer provides tax forms or booklets to Libraries for copying or distribution. Staff at the Information Desk are happy to find and print any tax forms for 10 cents per page. Otherwise, forms can be found on the State of Iowa tax site.

The State of Iowa is no longer sending individual tax booklets automatically to your home.  In addition, the Short Form for Iowa has been discontinued altogether.

  • Iowa tax forms and instructions are available for printing and there are some fillable online forms you can submit – at the State of Iowa tax site.
  • General State tax information is available locally by calling 515-281-3114 or 800-367-3388 from Monday-Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. CT.

Where’s My Refund?

To find out the status of your Federal Refund, go to this link.

To find out the status of your State Refund, go to this link.


Having trouble opening PDFs? Download Adobe Reader here.