The Marshalltown Public Library Director’s Discretionary Endowment is a permanent fund which will provide support for the special needs of the Marshalltown Public Library. It is administered by the Community Foundation of Marshall County, an affiliate organization of the Community Foundation of Greater Des Moines.
benefits to donating
- Donors to the fund are eligible to receive the 25% Endow Iowa Tax Credit.
- A variety of giving options are available including cash, stocks or bonds, charitable gift annuities, and even real estate.
- Support your library and community, forever!
Ways to donate
- Monetary donations can be given online on the Community Foundation of Greater Des Moines’ website.
- The donation form can also be printed and sent in with a monetary donation to: Community Foundation of Marshall County, 11 N. 1st Ave. Marshalltown, IA 50158. Checks can be made payable to “Marshalltown Public Library Director’s Discretionary Endowment”.
History of the endowment
In 2014, George Taylor and Bill Bestmann gave $10,000 in memory of their wives to start an endowment for the Marshalltown Public Library. George’s wife Darlene and Bill’s wife Geri were both enthusiasts of the public library. George and Bill wanted to support and sustain this great asset in Marshalltown, and their families are excited about creating a fund that will serve the library forever.