What's New @ The Library
Adventure Pass is Back!
Currently, customers in our dedicated service area can reserve a family pass for the Blank Park Zoo, Greater Des Moines Botanical Garden, or Grout Museum in Waterloo using the online system. The Science Center is also available, but still requires timed tickets (so you will need to contact youth staff for this process.) It is VERY important that you check the website of each venue as there have been lots of changes/closures/new guidelines due to COVID. Call the library at 641-754-5738, ext. 3 with questions.
Digital Library Card
Due to the Marshalltown Public Library being closed to the public, we are now offering people the opportunity to sign up for a digital library card.
NOTE: If you already have a Marshalltown Public Library card, you do not need a digital card to access digital materials. This is a new way for people to sign up for a library card without being present in a building.
A digital library card will work as a temporary, three-month card that will allow you to use our digital materials, including:
- eBooks and eAudiobooks via Bridges
- eBooks, eAudiobooks, comics, movies, TV shows, and music via Hoopla
- eBooks and eAudiobooks for kids and teens on Tumblebooks
- online databases or other resources such as The New York Times.
- Your digital library card only allows you to check out one physical book from the library at a time.
Some digital materials, including all streaming video and downloadable eBooks and eAudiobooks, are only available to residents of Marshalltown, rural Marshall County, Haverhill, and Ferguson.
- PLACE a hold using our online catalog at marshalltownlibrary.org or by calling the library at 641-754-5738, press 2.
- WAIT for a notification from us that your curbside items are ready to be scheduled for pick-up—you will get either a phone call or email from us. Expect a wait time of 24 to 48 hours for this.
- DRIVE to the library during scheduled curbside pick-up hours between 10:00am – 5:45pm (Monday-Friday) or 1:00-3:00pm (Sunday) and park in any of the curbside pick-up parking locations (there are 3!). Call the library when you’re here at 641-754-5738, press 2 and let us know which spot you’re in.
- WAIT in your vehicle while the library staff member brings your items outside. We will place the items in a plastic bag near your car. Please stay in your vehicle until the library staff member is back inside. If you have items to return, please return items to the book drop before you’ve called or after you’ve picked up your items.
NOTE: If you do not have a car or a cell phone, please call the library at 641-754-5738 ext. 2 to arrange a pick-up plan.