Get one-on-one help with technology at the library!
eReader Help: Monday and Wednesdays from 10:30-11:00AM.
Make an appointment at the Check Out Desk.
Baffled by my eReader
Come and get one-on-one help from library staff with your eReader! Bring your library card, any passwords you might need, and your device to get help! We are offering three sessions this spring:
Monday, March 17
Monday, April 14
Monday, May 12
Films @ the Library:
The library hosts 3 film discussions each spring and fall, with lively discussion led by local film buff Tom LaVille. Hot popcorn is served.
Free Tax Assistance:
Volunteers from the American Association of Retired Persons (AARP) assist citizens in electronically filing their income taxes during tax season.
Click here for the 2014 schedule
Selected Past Events:
Looking for a good book? Let us help you!
- Stop by a desk to talk to a librarian.
- Try NoveList, a useful online database to locate fiction books by title, author or subject. Create themed book lists or find author read-alikes.
- Have you read all the titles by your favorite author? Check our “If you like...” booklists to find similar authors.
- Check the Best Seller lists on the catalog computers. New York Times Best Seller lists, Publisher's Weekly, and award winners are posted.
- Stop, You're Killing Me!
is a great resource for mystery and suspense fiction readers. This site
features hundreds of authors and complete chronological lists of their
books. It also has alphabetical lists of series characters.
- Check these sites for booklists, reviews, author interviews, and more:
Register for Marshalltown Public Library’s AUTOMATICALLY YOURS program and you will be placed on the reserve list for all the new books by the popular adult fiction authors you choose. (Limit: 5 authors per patron) It’s that easy!
- The goal of AUTOMATICALLY YOURS is to place titles in patron’s hands in a timely fashion. Everyone wants that new book as soon as possible. Now your name will be on reserve lists with very little effort on your part.
- Books by AUTOMATICALLY YOURS authors generally have a shorter, 10-day, circulation period.
- The order of patrons registered for each author will be rotated so that the same patron is not always at the top of the reserve list for a given author. Nor will a patron be at the same point on the reserve lists for all the authors s/he requests.
- Your record will remain on file for the duration. If you ever choose to modify it, complete another form, marking “redo.”
- For more information, contact Sandy at the Check Out Desk or Monica at the Information Desk.
Copy and complete the Automatically Yours form and return via mail, fax or in person to the Check Out Desk. Your name will be added to the reserve list as each new title becomes available.