COVID-19 safety measures
The CDC now recommends masks indoors for everyone–please wear a mask in the library. If you need a mask, we have some on the corner of the Check-Out Desk. These guidelines will be in place until further notice, and are subject to change, as circumstances warrant.
If you or a member of your household are sick or have been exposed to someone with Covid-19 in the last 2 weeks, do not come to the library. Contact library staff about other options to get materials at 641-754-5738 x2.
What to expect in the library building:
- The library building will be open to patrons Monday-Friday from 10am-6pm and weekends from 1pm-5pm.
- Curbside Pick-up will be available from 10 am to 5:45 pm Monday through Friday and weekends from 1-4:45 pm. Please see Curbside Pickup for more details.
- Library staff are available by phone from 9 am to 6pm, Monday through Friday, and 1pm-5pm on weekends.
- Library visitors and staff are requested to wear a mask covering their mouth and nose while they are in the library. If a library visitor needs one-on-one help from staff, they may be asked to wear a mask. Masks are available for those who do not have one.
- Patrons should limit their visit to 90 minutes or less to check out materials, use the computer, or study as necessary.
- Visitors should keep six feet of space between themselves and other visitors. Please be respectful of others.
- The Lego table and light wall are available for families to play with while they are at the library.
- There are limited seating options available in the library at this time to allow for social distancing.
- Study rooms and Community Meeting Rooms are able to be reserved.
- Computer use will be limited to a 75 minute session. There will be 14 computers available in the Info Desk area and 4 computers available in the Youth Department.
- Please allow 2 days for all materials to be checked off your account due to our quarantining of materials. Your items will not accrue late fees during the quarantine period.
As always we appreciate your patience and understanding as we move through our phased reopening.
Frequently asked questions
Can I return my books to the library?
Yes. They can be returned in the walk-up book drop on the south side of the building, in the drive-up book drop on the north side of the building off of Linn Street, or in the book drops in the Check-Out Desk.
I returned items, but they’re still showing up on my library account. Why is that?
The library is quarantining returned material for two days before checking items in, as per recommendations from the CDC about the surface life of COVID-19. You will not receive overdue fines during the two days that we quarantine items.
For those who would rather not come into the library
If you are not wanting to come into the building, patrons can access eBooks, streaming services, and more by visiting our Online Resources page, and check out our Curbside Pick-up page for more info about requesting Curbside Pick-up of books and other items. Families can find information on fun learning activities to do at home here.