Please visit the T-R cancellations and postponements page for up-to-date closure information.
Marshall County Office Closure Information
Drop Box for all County Offices located at Annex – 101 E. Main St – West Side
Candidates Filing Papers will need to make an appointment by calling 641-754-6302
Candidates will be coming to the ANNEX to file your papers at 101 E. MAIN ST. (building next to Zeno’s)
Non-partisan candidate filing deadline: Friday, March 20th 5:00pm
Partisan candidate filing deadline: Friday, March 25th 5:00pm
The Auditor/Recorder’s Office will be UNABLE TO ACCEPT PASSPORT APPLICATIONS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. If you have an EMERGENCY PASSPORT SITUATION, PLEASE CALL (641) 754-6323.
If you have boats, ATV’s, Off Road Motorcycles, etc. to renew, please call our office at 641-754-6323. We will be happy to get you the cost and you can mail a check to our office. We will also take your credit card information and process over the phone.
If you have documents to record, please use the E-submission through Iowa Land Records. To apply, visit the online application at https://iowalandrecords.org/e-submission-service-app/. If you have questions or need support, please visit email@example.com or call 515-447-4157. Other options are to drop off your documents using our Marshall County Office drop box located at the Annex Building (west side of building), 101 E Main St. or mail to our office at 1 East Main St. Call 641-754-6323 with questions.
- Drop off your paperwork using our drop box located at the Annex Building (west side of building), 101 E Main St. Applications can be found on our website at co.marshall.ia.us or pick one up at the Great Western Bank inside the north door by the elevator. Your application must be notarized. If you need a notary, please call 641-754-6323 and have your ID ready. Payment of $15 each certificate must be included with the application.
- Or mail your request to Marshall County Recorder, 1 E Main St., Marshalltown, IA 50158
- Order from the State Vital Records office via mail, Bureau of Health Statistics, 321 E. 12TH, Des Moines IA 50319
- Order on-line from the state’s authorized third party vendor
www.VITALCHEK.com or call 866-809-0290
Marriage Applications may be picked up at the Great Western Bank inside the north door by the elevator. Drop off your marriage application and address form using our drop box located at the Annex Building (west side of building), 101 E Main St. Payment of $35 must be included with the application. Your application must be notarized. If you need a notary, please call 641-754-6323 and have your ID ready.
ALL ORDERS WILL BE MAILED TO YOU- QUESTIONS? CALL 641-754-6323
SHERIFF’S OFFICE – Public counter remains open at this time; Phone 641-754-6380
ASSESSOR’S OFFICE – Public Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
There is information & forms available on our Marshall County website http://www.co.marshall.ia.us/departments/assessor. Also there is a state website that the public can use to get forms needed for credits to either mail or email to the Assessor’s office. https://tax.iowa.gov/tax-credits-and-exemptions
As always the Assessor office is available at 641-754-6305 for questions or concerns. We can mail forms if needed also.
ENGINEER’S OFFICE – Phone: 641-754-6343
The Dust Control flags and forms will be in the entry.
With those who have motor vehicle renewals due this month and the 2nd half tax collections due March 31st, best practices to protect yourself and others is to pay by the following options:
Pay online at www.iowatreasurers.org. Paying by Echeck costs a service fee of $0.25 (less than a stamp) and credit cards costs a service fee of 2.25%.
- For property taxes, the customer needs their receipt number to pay online, which can be found on your tax statement. If you cannot locate your tax statement you can find it online at marshallcountyproperty.com. After you type in and locate your parcel, select “Tax Statement” on the right side of the website.
- For vehicle renewals the customer needs their PIN number which can be found on your renewal statement.
Pay by Mail with envelopes addressed to Marshall County Treasurer, 1 E Main St, Marshalltown, IA 50158
If you have questions about your property taxes or motor vehicle titling and registrations please email us at: TreasurersOffice@marshallcountyia.gov or call us at 641-844-2730. With an anticipated high call volume, please leave a voicemail as our voicemail is reviewed several times a day.
MARSHALL COUNTY CONSERVATION BOARD
We closed the Grimes Farm and Conservation Center until further notice. All other outdoor recreation areas in Marshall County remain open for public use. For questions please call: 641-752-5490
CENTRAL IOWA COMMUNITY SERVICES (CICS) & MARSHALL COUNTY GENERAL ASSISTANCE
Please contact Jill Eaton @ email@example.com; Phone: 641-754-6390; Fax: 641-754-6391 or go to the website: cicsmhds.org
The public is reminded of the 24 hour mental health CRISIS LINE: 844-258-8858
MARSHALL COUNTY PUBLIC HEALTH
Contact Pat Thompson
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 641-844-2799
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS – Contact by Email: email@example.com; Phone: 641-754-6330
PLANNING & ZONING – Phone: 641-691-6919
VETERAN’S AFFAIRS – Phone: 641-752-6390
city of marshalltown closure information
Effective on 5PM on Tuesday, March 17th , City Hall and the Public Works Facility will be closed to the public. The Police and Fire Building will also be closed to the public, except for the front vestibule. This closure will remain in effect until further notice.
Although the buildings are closed, City staff will still be operating from the buildings and will be available by phone and email to assist citizens needing service. “Our goal is to keep healthy employees working and carrying out what services we can for the public,” City Administrator Jessica Kinser stated. “This is an evolving situation, and we will communicate to the public if this status changes in the coming days and weeks.”
The public is encouraged to sign up for notifications at www.marshalltown-ia.gov to receive future updates on the City’s response to COVID-19.
City Services Impacted by Civil Emergency Declaration
PUBLIC WORKS – (641)754-5734
- Engineering – Requests for permits and inspections can be made by email or phone. Issuing permits to contractors will now occur via email. Contactors will need to provide an email address at the time of the requested permit. Bids will still be accepted for projects by making arrangements with the City Clerk or Engineering staff to drop them off
- Streets – No impact to services
- Sewer Collection System – No impact to services
- Water Pollution Control Plant – Facility closed to the public
- Transit – Transit services will continue normal routes/operations
- Airport – Private operator to make determinations as to services
PARKS AND RECREATION (641)754-5715– Parks and trails are open for use; building rentals and recreation programs are cancelled until further notice
HOUSING & COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT (641)754-5756
- Lead Program – Inspections and bids on hold until further notice. Applicants would need to apply online.
- Planning – Public meetings (Planning and Zoning, Zoning Board of Adjustment) held with call-in numbers; City Planner available by phone or email to answer questions with application forms available online
- Building – Inspections to occur as planned/requested; building permits to be issued after online or mail payment. Submission of plan sets to be arranged with the Building Official
- Rental Inspections – HUD inspections to still occur, pending federal guidance. Other inspections to occur at discretion of the Inspector; questions/changes on the rental registration billing done by phone or email
- Code Enforcement – Complaints will be accepted only by phone or email; appeals by phone
- Section 8 Housing – Briefings cancelled until further notice; annual reviews by mail with postage-paid envelopes. Direct communication to tenants on use of other methods of communication
- Accounts Receivable/Payments- Payments will only be accepted through drop box locations at City Hall (24 N. Center St.) and the Police and Fire Building (909 S. 2nd St) or online at www.marshalltown-ia.gov until further notice.
- Accounts Payable- No impact; invoices should be sent by mail or email and checks will be mailed or deposited following City Council approval
POLICE (641)754-5725 – NO IMPACT TO EMERGENCY SERVICES; calls for service will be triaged
FIRE (641)754-5751 – NO IMPACT TO EMERGENCY SERVICES; inspections to occur as requested
LIBRARY (641)754-5738 – Continued closure. Please visit www.marshalltownlibrary.org to learn more about virtual offerings and other services offered during the closure.