Curbside Pick-up of Materials
Curbside Pick-up is back on Wednesday, June 3rd! Here is some information about how Curbside Pick-up will work.
- PLACE a hold using our online catalog at marshalltownlibrary.org or by calling the library at 641-754-5738, press 2.
- WAIT for a notification from us that your curbside items are ready to be scheduled for pick-up—you will get either a phone call or email from us.
- RESPOND to the email to schedule your curbside pick-up. At this point, due to heavy demand, YOU MUST HAVE SCHEDULED YOUR PICK-UP DAY BEFORE COMING TO GET ITEMS.
- DRIVE to the library on your scheduled pick-up day between 10:00am-12:30pm and 3:00pm-5:30pm (Monday-Friday) or 1:00-3:00pm (Sunday) and park in any of the curbside pick-up parking locations (there are 3!). Call the library when you’re here at 641-754-5738, press 2 and let us know which spot you’re in.
- WAIT in your vehicle while the library staff member brings your items outside. We will place the items in a plastic bag near your car. Please stay in your vehicle until the library staff member is back inside. If you have items to return, please return items to the book drop before you’ve called or after you’ve picked up your items.
NOTE: If you do not have a car or a cell phone, please call the library at 641-754-5738 ext. 2 to arrange a pick-up plan.
Downloadable eBooks, Audiobooks, Movies, TV shows, magazines, comics
- eBooks and eAudiobooks via Bridges (The checkout limit on Bridges of 3 at a time has been extended to 5 at a time.)
- eBooks, eAudiobooks, comics, movies, TV shows, and music via Hoopla (The checkout limit has been extended to 10 for a limited time.)
- Movies, TV Shows, Comics, Magazines via RBDigital.
We are now offering several more services on top of our great digital magazines! Acorn TV lets you stream all your favorite British TV shows, Great Courses offers learning on a wide range of your favorite topics, and IndieFlix has movies and TV shows from popular independent c companies.
- Spanish eBooks and audiobooks on Odilo
- eBooks and eAudiobooks for kids and teens on Tumblebooks
Tumblebooks has also made other online resources available for library patrons and they will be available until August, 2020.
www.TumbleMath.com – K-6 math ebook database
www.TeenBookCloud.com – gr 7-12 ebook database
www.AudioBookCloud.com – all ages audio book database
www.RomanceBookCloud.com – a huge collection of romance books (adult)
Some digital materials, including all streaming video and downloadable eBooks and eAudiobooks, are only available to residents of Marshalltown, rural Marshall County, Haverhill, and Ferguson.
Check out our amazing online resources that can be used from home:
- The New York Times
- Transparent Languages is an online language learning program.
- Niche Academy provides tutorials on how to use library e-resources such as Bridges, Chilton Online, etc.
- Learning Express has test preparation and practice exams for GED, ACT, AP tests. Also, career information, computer skills instruction, and more!
- Please see our learn-at-home activities page for more ideas for students and families and our page for parents and teachers, too.
No Late Fees (Items may be returned in drop box)
During the COVID-19 library-related closure, no overdue fines will accrue on any materials. You MAY (but are not obligated to) return items in our outdoor drop boxes during the time of closure. All items are currently not due until June 15.