Downloadable eBooks, Audiobooks, Movies, TV shows, magazines, comics
- eBooks and eAudiobooks via Bridges (The checkout limit on Bridges of 3 at a time has been extended to 5 at a time.)
- eBooks, eAudiobooks, comics, movies, TV shows, and music via Hoopla (The checkout limit has been extended to 10 for a limited time.)
- Movies, TV Shows, Comics, Magazines via RBDigital.
We are now offering several more services on top of our great digital magazines! Acorn TV lets you stream all your favorite British TV shows, Great Courses offers learning on a wide range of your favorite topics, and IndieFlix has movies and TV shows from popular independent c companies.
- Spanish eBooks and audiobooks on Odilo
- eBooks and eAudiobooks for kids and teens on Tumblebooks
Tumblebooks has also made other online resources available for library patrons and they will be available until August, 2020.
www.TumbleMath.com – K-6 math ebook database
www.TeenBookCloud.com – gr 7-12 ebook database
www.AudioBookCloud.com – all ages audio book database
www.RomanceBookCloud.com – a huge collection of romance books (adult)
Some digital materials, including all streaming video and downloadable eBooks and eAudiobooks, are only available to residents of Marshalltown, rural Marshall County, Haverhill, and Ferguson.
Check out our amazing online resources that can be used from home:
- The New York Times
- Transparent Languages is an online language learning program.
- Niche Academy provides tutorials on how to use library e-resources such as Bridges, Chilton Online, etc.
- Learning Express has test preparation and practice exams for GED, ACT, AP tests. Also, career information, computer skills instruction, and more!
- Please see our learn-at-home activities page for more ideas for students and families and our page for parents and teachers, too.
No Late Fees (Items may be returned in drop box)
During the COVID-19 library-related closure, no overdue fines will accrue on any materials. You MAY (but are not obligated to) return items in our outdoor drop boxes during the time of closure. All items are currently not due until May 15 or later (and this will continue to be adjusted, if needed.)
SUSPENDED Curbside Pick-up of Materials
During the COVID-19 library-related closure, the Marshalltown Public Library was offering curbside pick-up of library materials. Unfortunately, we have had to make the decision to suspend this service for the time being.