Summer Reading Program 2016
- New to summer reading at our library?
FAQ coming soon!.
- Fun Activities - see the Library Events online calendar for info.
- Read. Earn Points. Get Prizes.
A reading and literacy skills incentive program is offered each summer. All readers earn points
by stamping their points log when they visit the library; earning points for the number of different stamps they collect.
- Extra Points: Pre-readers and beginning readers can earn prizes by keeping track of the books that they have been read, or those that have been read to them. Chapter book readers can earn points by visiting the library, reading, and completing other optional challenges. Spend your points by the start of Marshalltown schools.
SAMPLE Points Log from 2015 (2016 coming soon)
SAMPLE- Bingo (for chapter book readers - your REAL bingo stays at the library)!
You can come into the library
and sign up for your 2016 log ANYTIME in June or July.
but, you can earn MORE points by starting earlier. First day for sign-up: May 23..
- PRIZES: See the prize case in the youth dept. starting in May, for the variety of prizes that points can be spent on like sports-themed prizes, endless bubbles, earbuds, swim passes, books, bedtime buddies,
and more! You can also earn a free Blank Park Zoo Pass and an adult/child pair of Iowa Cubs tickets to the August 7 Homerun Reader game, just by reaching certain participation levels.
- Points can also be earned on www.bookadventure.com: YOU MUST SIGN UP THROUGH THE LIBRARY to earn be able to transfer book adventure points into points in the library's program. Ask at the library about this option.
- Kids who can read chapter books can work on a book bingo sheet, that allows them to earn 25 extra points for each "Bingo." The bingo sheet involves reading different kinds of books, and completing weekly challenges.
- dogobooks.com - Kids read & write reviews, earn free books.
(for those doing the Book Bingo sheet) - more coming soon!
- Printable Bookplate to add to your prize books (or your own books at home)