Summer Reading Program 2015
- New to summer reading at our library?
Here is an FAQ with an overview.
- Fun Activities
- Read. Earn Points. Get Prizes.
A reading and literacy skills incentive program is offered each summer. All readers earn points
by stamping their points log when they visit the library; earning points for the number of DIFFERENT stamps they collect.
- Extra Points: Pre-readers and beginning readers can earn prizes by keeping track of the books that they have been read, or those that have been read to them. Chapter book readers can earn points by visiting the library, reading, and completing other optional challenges. Spend your points by the start of Marshalltown schools on August 19.
SAMPLE Points Log from last summer (to be updated SOON)
SAMPLE- Bingo (for chapter book readers only) from last summer
You can come into the library
and sign up for your 2015 log ANYTIME in June or July.
But, you can earn MORE points by starting earlier.
- PRIZES: See the prize case in the youth dept. in May, for the variety of prizes that points can be spent on like flingable aliens, floating yen coins, pizza coupons (thanks to Pizza Hut & Papa Murphy's), endless bubbles, scratch 'n sniff bookmarks, robot hands, swimming passes, cricket suckers, balancing toys, "bug's eye" viewer, mini-flashlight (thanks to Kiwanis!), choice of paperback book & more.
- Points can also be earned on www.bookadventure.com: YOU MUST SIGN UP THROUGH THE LIBRARY to earn be able to transfer book adventure points into points in the library's program. Ask at the library about this option.
- Kids who can read chapter books can work on a book bingo sheet, that allows them to earn 25 extra points for each "Bingo." The bingo sheet involves reading different kinds of books, and completing weekly challenges.
Challenge Directions (for those doing the Book Bingo sheet)
- Printable Bookplate to add to your prize books (or your own books at home)